As I went to Australia last month alone I felt that it is not the same as travelling elsewhere in the world. There are many challenges in this island continent. Long roads with not much in sight and no settlement for miles; this is Australia for you. Here are some essentials for making your solo trip great.
- Pack Light – You will have travel a lot and heavy luggage will ruin your stay. Pack only the essentials and buy what you require. Australia is not expensive when it comes to clothes, so keep a scope for buying some good stuff.
- Avoid flying – If you really want to experience the outback and the real Australia, then you should prefer trains. You can make a traveler’s pass and travel economic and have the ultimate experience. Plan the trip with much time so that you can travel by road.
- Water is the key – Keep lots of water and drink regularly. Australian outback is really scorching hot and you will have to hydrate your body regularly. Add lemon to the water with a bit of salt and sugar to keep as a drink for revitalizing your body.
- Do not travel on unmarked paths at night – Australia is huge and some places even phones do not work. So never be too adventurous especially during nights. You might get lost and in the worst case encounter the dangerous animals.
- Using sunscreen is necessity – The sunlight is really strong here. Using sunscreen is not an option but a necessity if you do not want to get sunburns.